Skin allergies are hard to deal with. They commonly cause irritation and is a distressing condition. Eczema is a condition characterized by extreme patchiness of the skin. In this, the skin tends to become itchy, red, cracked, and rough. Inflammation and blisters may also occur in some cases. Consult a certified board doctor for the best eczema treatment in Gurgaon.
Causes of Eczema
Dr. Niti Gaur, one of the Best Dermatologists in Gurgaon says that eczema can be triggered by a variety of factors like:
- Abnormality in the immune system
- Environmental influences
- Activities that make the skin more sensitive
- Defects in the skin barrier system that allow moisture out and allergens to penetrate
What are the symptoms and signs of Eczema?
Most medical professionals refer to eczema as "the itch that rashes." There are some common and visible signs of eczema.
- The primary symptom of eczema is intense itching.
- The rash tends to appear in the later stage and is associated with redness and bumps of distinctive sizes.
- The rash is severely itchy and gives a burning sensation especially where the skin is thinner and delicate like the eyelids.
- Upon scratching, the skin becomes oozy and crusty.
- Skin seems cracked and this is a very painful condition.
Upon seeing any of these symptoms, one must visit the nearest Best Skin Specialist in Gurgaon, to find immediate relief from this condition.
Types of Eczema
There are many different types of eczema-
- Allergic contact dermatitis: This type of eczema is a skin's reaction after coming in contact with a matter or allergy carrying agent that the immune system identifies as foreign.
- Dyshidrotic eczema: This type of eczema is often recognized when irritation is observed on the skin of the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. It is often identified by itchy blisters.
- Neurodermatitis: In this form of eczema, scaly patches of skin are observed on the head and also on the forearms, wrists, and lower legs of the infected person. It can be caused by a localized itch, such as an insect bite.
- Nummular eczema: These appear as round patches of infected skin that appears to be crusted, scaly, and severe itching is seen.
- Seborrheic eczema: This type of eczema is usually formed on the scalp and the face as greasy, flaky, and yellow patches.
- Stasis dermatitis: In this type of eczema, skin irritation of the lower leg is observed. It is usually related to circulatory issues.
Various approaches can help treat this condition. But, prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the treatment of eczema also. Most skin doctors suggest that avoiding triggering causes should be a priority for patients. One must be cautious and observe what all things are causing the skin to itch and making it irritated. Clothing such as wool, nylon, and other synthetic material must be avoided. Clean and tidy clothes must be worn and the use of fabric softeners must be avoided. It is always better to consult eczema specialist and visit the Best Skin Clinic in Gurgaon for trusted advice. Excessive exposure to sunlight must be avoided and the use of sunscreens must be incorporated in the daily skincare regime.
> Medical treatments for Eczema
- Topical steroids are recognized as the most effective medical option to combat eczema. These medicines are considered as the first-line therapy approach and are available in lotion, cream, ointment, and foam formulation.
- Systemic corticosteroids: In some cases, if the topical treatments are not giving results, then systemic corticosteroids are prescribed.
- Antibiotics: Some antibiotics can be prescribed to eczema patients if a bacterial skin infection is seen along with eczema. Also, antifungal medications are recommended as and when required.
- Barrier repair moisturizers: These are gentle moisturizers that help reduce water loss and manage skin repairment.
> Clinical procedures
- Light therapy- Light therapy procedure is often employed to manage critical eczema cases that don’t respond to creams and other oral medications effectively. In this procedure, a machine emitted UV rays in a controlled amount is exposed to the targeted area. It involves the exposure of both UA or UB light waves in a controlled manner to treat eczema. To know about the cost of eczema treatment in Gurgaon at our clinic, please book an appointment with us.
At Aster Dermatology, we have the best eczema treatment doctor in Gurgaon. Our services are supported by advanced medical technology and our team of doctors is efficient. We aim to give our patients the best and proven medical treatments with life-long results.